Kidz Parent Resources
On Sunday, January 29th, we had our Spring Parent Meeting. If you weren’t able to attend, here’s what you missed!
1. Calendar (Monthly/Yearly)
- January: Epiphany Family Service (1/1) *We will no longer have Family Combined Services; children are welcome to attend services with their families any time they choose, but from now on we will be offering Kidz Church and KidKare in the Nursery every Sunday (except during the Epiphany Service and Christmas Day Service: when Christmas falls on a Sunday), even on Combined Worship Sundays*; Fancy New Year’s Party (1/8)
- February: Valentine’s Day Pizza and Ice Cream Party (2/12); Mardi Gras Pancake Party (2/19)
- March: Spring Forward St. Patrick’s Day Pajama Party(3/12)
- April: Palm Sunday (4/2): Kidz Church @10:30am, lunch, Easter Egg Hunts following the Combined Service @10:30am; Easter (4/9): Kidz Church @9 and 11am
- May: Mother’s Day Brunch (5/14); Memorial Day Combined Service (Kidz Church 10:30am) School’s Out For Summer Pentecost Party (5/28)
- June: Father’s Day Brunch (6/18); VBS Nights (6/11 and 6/25 5-7pm)
- July: VBS Nights (7/9 and 7/23 5-7pm); Promotion Sunday (7/30): 1st graders-Bibles, VBS kids sing, promote all the kids
- September: Labor Day Combined Service (9/3) Kidz Church 10:30am
- October: Fall Festival: Sunday (10/29) 5-7pm
- November: Advent
- December: Kidz Christmas Concert and Party (12/10)
6. Service Opportunities
- January: House of Bread; Money for Rise Against Hunger
- February: Missions Weekend: Rise Against Hunger (Packing Event); Great Day of Service
- March: Egg Hunts
- April: Come Alive Ministries
- May: Peace Place
- June: Winder Food Pantry
- July: Local Schools
- August: Preschool, Village of Hope First Aid
- September: House of Bread
- October: Fall Festival; Operation Christmas Child
- November: House of Bread
- December: House of Bread
9. Next Grow 1 Meeting– July 16th 10:30am (Fall planning)
10. Next Church Council Meeting – March 28th @6:30pm
11. Anything Else? We are going to start having the Kidz worship with their parents at the beginning of service (til the Greeting in 9:30 and through the Doxology at 11) beginning February 5th. *If you are in a group and will not be in service, Kidz are welcome to sit on the front row with Trish Johnson.*
The following information is from our Fall meeting July 2022 but is still current
-CCB: Church Community Builder: All emails will be sent through here!
CCB also has our calendar, as well as other group calendars, and the church calendar.
-If you haven’t already, please join, subscribe, and bookmark all of our social media and other communication methods! This will ensure you never miss out on important happenings!
All of our important links, including those to our upcoming events, website, Facebook page, Instagram, and YouTube, can be found on our linktree HERE.
You can also find our Kidz Min webpages through bethlehemfirstumc.org under “Nurture/Grow (Groups)”
We also send out infrequent reminder texts through REMIND.
I know this is a lot of information, so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!